If you are an FBA seller, you must already be familiar with Amazon FBA inventory reimbursement. There’s still no perfect solution to logistical mistakes, but Amazon reimbursements are definitely the best way to mitigate the loss. Let’s take a quick look at the potential reasons to seek an Amazon FBA inventory reimbursement:
- Inbound shipments: While shipping items to FBA warehouses, there can be consequences of courier negligence or accident that end up in damage or misplacement of inventory units.
- Inventory damage at FBA facility center: The movement within the Amazon warehouses is rapid, and preventing collisions and accidents is nearly impossible. Amidst the operations, inventory units might get damaged or lost. You can collect substantial evidence and file for an Amazon FBA inventory reimbursement.
- Items destroyed without request or permission: Sometimes, items reach the FBA warehouses in conditions unfit for sales. In such cases, Amazon can destroy the items at the seller’s request. However, if Amazon destroys it without permission, you are eligible for an FBA reimbursement.
- Customer return issues: Customer-returned items may not turn up at the FBA facility, or there can be cases of customers not returning the items despite receiving a refund or replacement. Being the highly customer-friendly platform that Amazon is, it readily compensates the sellers for such losses.
While Amazon is ready to pay the refunds, it expects the sellers to thoroughly audit their reports and find discrepancies worth the amount they seek. With the help of Amazon reimbursement services, you can file valid claims and get maximized and profitable returns.
Manual Claims Or Automated Claims?
Let’s talk manual vs. automated claims! There are basically three ways to go about seeking your Amazon FBA inventory reimbursements:
- Automated claims with software
- Doing it all by yourself
- Hiring a dedicated FBA consultant
Doing it yourself may initially sound tempting as it may save you the cost of outsourcing the claim process. However, account reconciliation, auditing, and claim filing are not easy! It is a meticulous and time-consuming process that can snatch your focus away from other crucial marketing tasks.
About automated claims, nope! Amazon does not entertain automated claims. Automated claims are often inaccurate and do not help the sellers get maximum refunds. The best way to file a claim is to hire Amazon FBA reimbursement services.
A dedicated refunds manager can yield maximized profit through Amazon FBA inventory reimbursement. They can save you from the monotony of meticulously going through reports and offer optimal reconciliation. They ensure that evidence is accurate and file valid claims that guarantee maximum refunds.
How to choose the right Amazon reimbursement services?
If you want a dedicated FBA consultant who can transparently monitor and operate your claim process, keep the following criteria in mind:
- Offer transparent and responsive communication
- Reasonable commission rate and payment only after you receive the desired reimbursement
- Offer comprehensive auditing service for seamless reconciliation
- Provide dedicated manual tracking of the entire claim process
- Proven track record of achieved Amazon FBA inventory reimbursements
- Positive customer testimonials
If you are looking for the best Amazon reimbursement services, eStore Factory is the right place!